Wow! What a year 2020 was, and as hard as it is to believe it’s gift guide season again. After a tough year maybe you’d like to make someone’s holiday a little brighter with the gift of Whiskey. We all know our alcohol intake might have gone up just a tad, so if you will, let me share with you a few options that will make someone on your list smile.
Note: If you aren’t familiar with my blog I purchase every single whiskey, whisky and bourbon I have featured in this blog. I have been honest about my opinion without any biased. It’s hard work and it costs money, but it’s truly something I enjoy. For those of you who continue to follow and support me, THANK YOU!
2020 will be remembered as the year of Bourbon for me. I’d like to note that although I had a good number of amazing bourbons this year, most of those will not make this list. The explosion in the Bourbon secondary market has made most of those bottles impossible to find. The purpose of the gift guide is to actually be able to find the bottles listed below on retailer shelves. The whiskies below will not be hard to find.
Let’s get started, the list below is broken down by price range. Most of the prices below are a range of costs (+/-), as prices may vary depending on where you live and buy. Finally, I will never recommend a product I myself haven’t tasted. You’ll be able to click on the links below to read my notes on each of the product.
Bourbon / American Whiskey
- 1792 Full Proof ($43.99)
- George Dickel Bottled in Bond 11 Year ($40)
- Smoke Wagon Straight Bourbon Whiskey ($32 – Review on Instagram)
- Pinhook Rye Humor Cask Strength Rye Whiskey ($48)
- Smoke Wagon Small Batch Bourbon ($49.99)
- Michter’s US*1 Small Batch Bourbon ($50 – Review on Instagram)
- Oregon Spirits Single Barrel Bottled in Bond ($64 – Review on Instagram)
- Peerless Straight Bourbon Whiskey ($70 – Review on Instagram)
- Tyrconnell Irish Whiskey ($32 Review on Instagram)
- Kilbeggan Small Batch Rye Whiskey ($48.99)
- Jura Journey ($34.99)
- Ardbeg Wee Beastie ($50 – Review on Instagram)
- Compass Box Oak Cross ($50-$60 blended whisky – Review on Instagram)
If you need more ideas or inspiration, check out my previous gifts guides as they might still help. Father’s Day Gift Guide, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014.
Note: The contents on my blog are solely my opinion. To me every palate is different! Although I may or may not like a product, I always recommend for people to try it and make up their own minds.